Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Spring break is around the corner, so I thought I’d talk a bit about traveling healthy. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about how you can stay on track while on the road.
- Think ahead! Planning and preparing will assure you can reach into the cooler in the back seat and grab a healthy snack instead of stopping off at Burger King in a fit of hunger.
- HBE’s (Harb Boiled Eggs) are your friends! They are like little pre-packaged protein bombs and they taste great sprinkled with a little flavor Gods seasoning.
- Olives are a great finger food and are packed with healthy fats. They’re even easy to bring on a plane, as long as you drain the liquid beforehand.
- Speaking of plans, if you want to travel with liquids or semi-liquids, like yogurt, just freeze it first and let it defrost on the plane.
- Slices of pepper, carrot, raw sweet potato or jicama and guacamole – yum!
- Peanut butter sachets are great to squeeze right into your mouth! But careful with anything salty, like nuts. The salt will make you eat more than you need to.
- Quest bars, the sachets of Shakeology and the occasional piece of fruit or container of berries is perfect for on the go. Just be creative!
Okay, here’s a fun question – when traveling and you haven’t planned your food, what’s your favorite best-I-can-do-right-now meal? I will go for a subway sub with loads of veg, but I only get the honey oat bun because it’s one of the few that doesn’t have HFCS. Salads are obvious, but I also like the protein snack pack from Starbucks. What about you?