Okay, one thing I swore I’d never do is blog about fashion or what to wear.
The truth is that I struggle to dress myself unless I’m going to an outing that doesn’t involve the gym. Fortunately, I live in silicon Valley, where fashion takes a back seat to the standard hoodie and sneakers. Thank Gawd.
But on the days that I go into the office, I do try to look pulled together and I’m always looking for new ways to wear the standard sweater, jeans and boots ensemble, which are the only clothes I own that aren’t made of lyrca.
I do love fashion blogs, but here’s my issue – I will never spend $400 on a sweater, so I don’t even want to see that as an option. I’m also 46, not 26, so even though I feel like I can rock a pair of skinny jeans just as well as the 20-somethings and I’m not ready to look like a middle-aged housewife, I’m also mindful of not wanting to look age-inappropriate.
So this is an experimental exploration of fashion by the fashion-challenged. Meanwhile, I’ve got my eyes peeled for fashion bloggers that target women over 40 who aren’t quite ready for Spanx and mom jeans.
Tell me who your favorite fashion bloggers are!
My Tuesday Outfit
- Sweater is a basic cream staple that I always wear with something over it or my lunch will no doubt will. That’s just how I roll.
- Jeans are Paige. I heart Paige jeans.
- The boots I’m wearing are Timberlanes, but I couldn’t find a link to them. I understand Fryes are also made for those of us with chicken legs.
- The scarf listed is NOT my scarf, but it’s the closest I could find to it. To be clear, I’d never spend more than $30 on any accessory.
- If you’ve never checked out Bando before, go there now. Everything is super cute.