Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Last night I did a ton of food prep as I knew I’d be completely fried when I get home tonight, and wouldn’t want to cook. Plus, gawd forbid I leave my husband alone to fend for himself in the kitchen. I shudder at the thought….
So I roasted some tofu, Brussels sprouts and red peppers in addition to making our eggplant pizza dinner. I want to give you the heads up on my eggplant recipe, but I have to make sure I haven’t blogged about it already or else I’ll look exceptionally old and forgetful if I do it again. Or maybe you’re old and forgetful too, and may not remember if I blogged about it already.
Cauliflower Artichoke Soup Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower rice
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut or Braggs amino (or just use soy sauce if you have)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 to 8 cups of vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons of pepitas (Optional)
Instructions for Cauliflower Artichoke Soup
- Cut the cauliflower up into chunks and steam until cooked through (poke it with a fork to ensure it’s soft).
- Meanwhile, lay the pepitas (these are little pumpkin seeds) on wax paper and roast in a toaster oven or regular oven until nice and toasty (just a few minutes …don’t let it burn).
- Drain cauliflower and put it back in the pot you steamed it in. Add the veggie stock and puree with a hand blender, or add it to a mixer if you have one of those.
- Add the basil and the artichoke hearts and blend all that yummy veggie goodness until it’s well mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat until warm.
- Pour into bowls and add the pepitas as fancy pants garnish.