Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Oh be prepared. This soup is good.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carton of veggie soup base
- 1 butternut squash chopped
- ½ large onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ can of Yellow Thai Curry Love
- 1/3 can of light coconut milk (in the can, not the carton)
- 2 tsp of Thai curry spice
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 3 tbsp of tamari
- Fresh chopped basil for garnish
- Cook onions and garlic until translucent. Add in chopped squash and veggie stock. Cook for 20 mins or until squash is soft.
- Add in curry love, coconut milk and spices.
- Let simmer for another 10 minutes, blend with an emersion blender if you want a pureed soup, then add chopped basil before serving.
My in-house tasting staff (aka my husband) really loved this soup although I’ll be honest and say that he’s an easy sell when it comes to food. Before we met he sustained himself on microwaved veggie sausages heated in a pool of jarred spaghetti sauce…