Head's up, there might be affiliate links ahead!
Oh, it has not been my proudest week.
It started off well. I was a week into my Whole30 challenge on Tuesday and I was feeling pretty darn good. Not lighter or smaller, but good.
Then I made the mistake of going to Costco around lunchtime on Wednesday, where I quickly found myself in sample hell. Granola bars, sweet treats, coconut with sugar added, veggie burgers…the samples were endless, and I couldn’t have any of them.
And I LOVE a good sample fest.
By the time I left, I was incensed. I had negotiated all kinds of reasons for immediately taking myself OFF this diet. Life is short, why spend it freaking out over little bites here and there….one mozzarella stick wouldn’t kill me…maybe I’ll just pack it in this weekend and call it the Whole10??
Once home and recovered from the maze of treats I had just navigated through, I accepted that my subconscious was rebelling and that I really didn’t physically want or need any of that stuff. However, I also recalled from my competition dieting that I do better with little breaks, so I’ve decided to add two off-plan meals per week to my challenge, just to keep me from going insane. They won’t be crazy off plan meals, no bread basket, no dessert, but I do want to go to a restaurant twice a week, and not have to worry if something has MSG or some sugar added to the sauce. I want to enjoy a glass of wine with said meal, and I want to feel okay about doing it.
And although this goes against the basic philosophy of the Whole30 challenge which demands 100% compliance. I don’t care. I need short-term splurges to look forward to.
Anyway, that night I ended up having a glass of wine with dinner and it was spectacular. Then I woke up Thursday morning and went right back to my austere eating plan with no complaints and I’ve been good ever since.
Week in review
- Lifted 4x, HIIT cardio 3x
- Unloaded 44lbs of Whey Protein among other goodies for my product formulations!!
- Made a serious chunk of progress on my new business site!
- Ate like a paleo extremist 98% of the time.
- Enjoyed possibly the best tasting, well-deserved glass of wine from a day old bottle of Trader Joes Chianti. Da BOMB.
- Enjoyed great energy and fantastic sleep all week.
- Found out my picture was in a fitness magazine!! Okay, the picture is tiny and the publication is unheard of, but hey…I’m in there!
- Got my hair highlighted…and even with fresh color it still looks like a bad 80’s do. Note to self: NEVER CUT BANGS AGAIN.
- One more weight session, no more cardio (yeah!)
- Add finishing touches to new website
- Might just paint a bedroom at the lake house….we’ll see.
- One glorious off plan meal at my favorite restaurant in the mountains. Yeah!