I’m often asked about the products and services I use and recommend, so I decided to create this on going list of resources and experts in the area of fitness and nutrition that I respect.
A couple of these links are affiliate links, which means I may get a commission if you purchase. However, none of the fees of these resources have been increased to compensate me.
Books & Guides
If you are just starting out on becoming fat-adapted, and you’re not sure where to start – this is the guide for you. It’s a great resource that explains the how’s and why’s, but also gives you lots of instruction and fabulous recipes. I recommend starting with this guide for a basic understanding as you explore the other resources below.
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
- Why Women Need Fat: How “Healthy” Food Makes Us Gain Excess Weight and the Surprising Solution to Losing It Forever
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
- It Starts with Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways
- This is your brain on gluten – From the Atlantic
- What does it mean to be fat adapted? – From Mark’s Daily Apple
- Vinnie Tortorich – The Angriest Trainer
- Fat Burning Man
- Fit Fat Fast
- The Calorie Myth
- The Paleo Solution
- The Primal BluePrint